It’s time for a new release of RPG Playground! This time you can add characters and monsters to your levels. Unfortunately they currently just stand there doing nothing. But don’t worry, in the next releases the NPC’s will be able to talk, and the monsters will walk around and attack the hero.
When loading your old levels, you will see a popup that it is an old level. You can add characters to these levels as normal, and when you save them, they are automatically saved in the new format.
I also did some fixes and other things, so here is the full list of things that this new release brings:
- Errors that happen during the loading of levels are now shown
- A status bar is added at the bottom right that shows connection errors and other messages
- You can add and delete characters
- Fixed the ‘HTTP IO error’ issue when trying to save a level
- Main hero is replaced by one that matches the other characters
- Tiles are now placed at the correct mouse position
For the next release I’m going to improve the save/load project dialog. You will be able to give your project names, so that it’s easier to know which level to load, and that you don’t have to select the project every time you save.
If you want to make your own RPG, go to http://rpgplayground.com and start creating! It’s super easy to use.